Sunday 26 February 2012

Day 359- Saturday- Singapore - Emotional thinking vs logical thinking

Did you know that human brains logical thinking isn't developed till early 20s.. So till then and especially from 12-18, we are ruled by emotions as part of our emotional gland in the brain developed faster than the logic part..

That explains why we were so brash and emotional ..decisions were based more on emotions ( what I like, what I don't like) while as we got older our logic kicks in and self control got stronger..

I learned this fact from a traning workshop of a non profit volunteer organization Beautiful people which offers troubled teenage girls a big sister support.. I thought of using my free time in the weekend to guide these teens to bring out the best of them..

But before that, it's good to know this fact and it makes sense ( my logic part of the brain is working!!)on why as we get older, we add in more logic and sometimes become too rationale .. We forgot to keep in touch the "emotional" side of us..

Gee! I wonder who is the troubled? The teens or the 40 something .. Your guess is as good as mine:)

Today I am grateful for: unexpected useful knowledge !

No comments:

Post a Comment