Wednesday 22 February 2012

Day 363- Singapore - Solo shopping day

It's been a long while( 5 mths..) for me to shop..off line , I mean. 

With the convenience of online shopping, my faves are net a-porter, saks fifth and outnet, I have gotten lazy to browse and walk around the store to shop...While Online shopping satisfies my cravings in an instant , it does not bring drama to shopping.. Like I experienced today ! It's that 3d effect! 

So, I started my solo shopping with a magazine shopping . My indulgence , marisol@ sgd 23.90!!!I love marisol as it's fashion , beauty and  lifestyle tips are very appropriate for women around 40 (guess early 40 still can be considered around 40, right?) Cappuccino x marisol= happiness.I especially like Brenda , the main model for marisol. I like her style and she's just pretty and age gracefully and happily (note to self!)





While checking out what's new and cool, I had lunch @coffee club, inside kinokuniya bookstore@ ngeeann city.

It's really nice to be surrounded by books - there's a nice smell of new books which I love.

I ordered pita lambs that came with fries and salad.. Yummy!


The dressing is delish. I normally don't take dressing , especially balsamic. Hate that vinegratte taste!But I made an exception and results: love it! Not as vinegar as I expected!

But I hold the fries, because tonite I will make nikujyaga , Japanese home dish, potato &beef stew!



After I filled my tummy and waken up by coffee, I am ready to shop! I decided to make only few stops because I know I will not have patience or energy to shop till you drop! So for 2 hours, I was at abercrombie ( must see store- as it's newly opened!), h&m( now with ivf , I have got to be economic chic!) , on pedder ( alternative to expensive lauboutins) and Chanel beaute ( can't afford the bag but at least I can still have a bag filled with this beautiful black and whites!

What I bought:

From H&M:

Blue top, jeans and skirt.. 
Need new pair of jeans and elastic skirts due to the hormone shots (definitely bound to gain some ounces & pounds!) 
oh the sparkly top - I needed sleeve to cover my arms which are getting flabby due to my sportless life style!


Note to myself: "I am joining a bootcamp after I become a mommy! Got to be yummy!!"



From On Pedder:



On pedder: ( lovely wedges! Good for preggies too- stylish and stable!)
Not sure if I am going to keep the pink!


From Chanel:  I love the pure, radiance collection! I got the set!





Abercrombie : nice store if you are 15.. Definitely not for over 40! You will feel sad if you try to fit into their L size, it makes you look like incredible hulk!!

The door man ( half naked) .. Very Delish to look at and their smiles could bring another smile - yours but again , so off limits coz you know you are two decades older than these chaps! So obviously I politely turn down the photo opp .. So sorry no photo for this section!


Across from the store, I was greeted by Armani window display..
A reminder to me that this is more appropriately for a woman over 40??


While at h&m, it was good to wash my eyes at syt( sweet young things )- though it's not fashion week, there were alot of model  teenagers .. So it was good to gawk at pretty faces, lithe body and dreaming their carefree, glam life!

But what caught me was this Korean girl  while i was in line for cashier-she was dressed in white tee- braless!! I was not audacious enough to take a pic- you can imagine what it looks like??? Braless in white tee?What happened next was even more dramatic.. She bought a black dress and after payment, she walked to the side and did a houdini change in public!!! Pretty impressive! In 10 seconds she was out of her braless tee , red jeans and on with a lbd- still braless of course! Next to her was a wise saying- if you love it, just wear it! This Korean chic is definitely so H&M!!! Kudos!!!!






Now, you see.. The drama is waiting for you when you do non virtual shopping! I definitely can't get this through Internet shopping!!!




I ended the day with a nikujyaga dinner as planned , carbo reload after a hard day of shopping!!





Today's gratitude : thankful for "real" shopping - all the drama!


No comments:

Post a Comment